Reflection

It's been a while since I posted. With all that has been going It has been hard to keep up myself. With today being the four year anniversary of the day that changed everything, I feel it is fitting to drop a new blog post. If anything this is just a look back at what has happened and how it has changed my life. For those of you who have followed my journey you probably have seen the change as you started reading this blog from day one. I decided to take another cancer survivors advice and write down everything I was going through. He was very open and told me what to expect and that I would start to forget many things due to the chemo drugs and the plethora of other medications I would be taking. He was not wrong. He told me to keep a daily journal so I could always look back and remember what I was feeling.
The cool thing about this blog is looking back at how this changed my life. I have looked back a few times and noticed the change.  Quite amazing really. I think most of it was watching how I came to realize what was important in life and what was not so important. I truly believe that is a journey I will always be on. You start to see what hold value in your life when you go through something like cancer. As I look back now and see the changes I see that I am always growing. Always changing. I have come to believe that truly there is no finish line for that. You are an ever growing, ever changing person. Life has many challenges and the way you approach them and deal with them truly begins to shape who you are.
When I started this blog I had no idea where I would be today. I look back now and see that everything I went through had it's purpose. As I have said over and over in this blog. Life turns on a dime. You can wake up tomorrow and your whole life will change. How you rise up to battle that change is what defines you. Not the actual cause of the battle. I have come so far since 2015. I was very angry when I was diagnosed. It took everything away from me. Friends and family that I thought would be there during  that time just disappeared. It put a stop to my workouts and my music. Not to mention not being able to work for 2 years. As time has passed the anger I felt has despaired. The changes in my life happened for a reason.
I see now God had a plan for me. I did not see it then because I was to angry to see it. With all that said, here we are four years later. I am at peace with what has happened. The effects of cancer continue to have small effects on my body as I knew they would. No one gets pumped with that poison and not come out the other side with no side effects. The biggest problem was laying every day on a foam roller with my chin tucked into my chest. This was the big reason I pinched my thoracic nerve this past December. Ending up with a 2 month hiatus from the gym and a winged scapula from the nerve damage. When I finally got back in the gym I had to take it easy to not aggravate the injury .
Although I was able to get back in the gym and continue to so something. I continue to work out and see a chiropractor 3 times a week and it has been helping amazingly. Being able to keep moving forward after all that has happened in the last four years has been a challenge. I look forward to every day knowing that I am stronger now than I was yesterday. I have been so busy and making big adjustments with my life that are bringing me to a better place. It is ever evolving and growing. The best thing I can say out of all this is that I am more focused in what I want and what I spend my time doing. Life is short and you can not waste away the days spending it with people who do not care about you and doing things that really have no value.
 I sit back now and reflect on the past few years. I see things a lot different now. I
work every day towards one end goal. I only lack the patience that I pray for every day to get me to that goal. You can reach any goal as long as you reflect back and learn from the past if only to create an amazing future!!

Untill next time.. God bless
SMIB \m/

Follow me on these social media sites



Comments