What we live for...

I was feeling pretty lucky this weekend that I was able to get to finally see my son play hockey. Since I got sick I missed all his games this past season. Not exactly happy about that since this was his last season Playing hockey here at home. Even though he was on a travel team most games were here in Chicago or surrounding burbs. Last season I was working so much that I didn't get to many games. It makes you think. Knowing now I would have opted out of the extra hours of work or that extra Saturday to catch a few more games. I would kill to have this last season back. You realize what we live for when you break life down to the simple things.
Just going out to see my son do what he loves is awesome. I never was any good at skating so hockey wasn't my thing. I did play some football in high school. Music took over my life and I found my calling. I can imagine that for him being out on the ice is the same for me being on stage. So that alone gives me joy to see him play. This weekend I soaked it all in since these games were to be his last. I won't be able to see many games when he goes off to college. Although I will be able to see some that are televised. I believe the closest away game may be two hours away from Chicago. I will be taking some road trips for sure.
I have been feeling better the last few days. The fatigue is still kicking my ass. I was lucky that I had the energy to get to the last few games. I have also been very sensitive to heat. If the temperature gets too hot I can't handle it. The radiation that is obviously still inside me is heating up my body. It's funny but I say this over and over. My body has gone through so much. I need to cut myself some slack. I have moments throughout the day where I start to feel normal and I am quickly reminded that I am still recovering from all the treatments.  That's not something that is done in just a few weeks.
As I started to say at the top of this post. This past week having gone to my sons last few games I was reminded on why I fought to kick cancers ass. I was reminded of the simple shit in life. I believe that we get so caught up with all the bullshit of everyday life that we forget what is most important. It's not about all the bullshit distractions in the world. It's all about you and your little circle of happiness. Once you start to not give a shit about the outside world you will find true happiness. And really, isn't that what we all want in the end?
I have to say I did enjoy saying my peace to the idiot hockey dad's at my sons game yesterday. My son has been playing hockey since he was three. I have seen and heard it all. These hockey moms and dads are just horrible. They all think they know the rules better than the referees. I only had to say something to someone once when my son was about six years old. His team won a tournament that weekend and after the game one of the moms from the opposing team was saying out loud how it was bullshit and the other team cheated. I started to laugh and said listen up white trash ( honestly you had to see this woman, I can still see her today) they are six years old give me a break.
Obviously this last encounter I was a bit more harsh. All I know is that I normally wouldn't say something to four guys while I am alone without any backup. Something in me said "dude you fought cancer, these guys ain't shit" and my mouth just opened up like the red sea did for moses. I guess my filter went out the window and I just tell it like it is now. It actually feels pretty good. At the end of the day, always remember what you live for.

SMIB \m/






Comments

  1. LMAO good for you man, fuck em, let em have it. I hope your doing ok man, so glad you got to his games. And you are so right, yesterday was mu bday and I had to drive a couple hours to take my daughter to her cheer comp and I was pissy about it at first, like wtf, y do I have to do this on my bday but that thought quickly subsided and I was glad to be w/ her and watching her perform her passion. What bttr bday present could I get really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such an ass I missed your birthday! Happy birthday!! It's all about the kids man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, I missed yours too, isn't yours March too? And shit, at this point, I try to ignore bdays. Holy Fuck man, can you believe we are 45? That said, very happy you are here to celebrate that milestone Pat. We really need to get together soon. Lets go to a concert or something. And yes, it really is all about the kids. Just went and helped buy my daughter's first car yesterday.I'm broke but it was worth seeing that look on her face. I even put my old subs in it for here so now I can hear her rap bullshit even louder LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My birthday is today lol. Yeah let's hook up soon for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats right! I knew it was a few days before or after mine. Happy Bday brother, again, so glad u r here to celebrate \m/

      Delete

Post a Comment