My Spidey sense is tingling

Today was a decent day. Can't complain at all. My side effects were next to non existent and my anxiety has been remarkably under control. Not going to lie it is a struggle to keep it down. I have figured out like I did yesterday that you just have to be stronger than the anxiety. So far between the acupuncture and my stubborn attitude it's working. The energy I had today was great. Yeah I still have issues but I am keeping busy and on my feet every chance I get. If I am feeling good then I start moving.
Today started out great so I hit the gym and got a decent workout in. First day back after 8 days or so I taken it easy and just go through the motions. I always feel awesome being there. Today I meet a guy at the gym that has been in remission from brain cancer for 5 years. This guy I see around the gym all the time but just keeps to himself. Today someone introduced me to him and he shared his story with me. Very cool when I get to meet people that have gone through this whole thing.  It's not good that they have cancer to begin with. But it's awesome how people sharing their experience really helps you feel better. Funny how many complain about the steroids. So now I know I'm not crazy.  Well the jury's still out on that but ya know. After being in the gym it did help my anxiety stay in the background today. So it wasn't hard to keep it from taking over in any way. I was able to stay focused today which is not easy with chemo brain. Thank god that wears off after a week. I couldn't deal with it every day for months at a time.
Now the one thing that fucked with me today was my super spidey smelling senses. I can not understand why I smell something that reminds me of when I am getting my chemo treatment. It turns my stomach every time I smell it. Whatever it is. I thought I figured it out what it was that was causing the smell but I guess not. Something else is in this house that smells like it. Or it's just embedded in my subconscious. In that case that sucks and I am losing my mind.
Well that's that for today. Actually happy I had a good day and I am keeping that anxiety out of my way. Even though as I write this I start feeling it hit me again. What a bitch this shit is. Drives me crazy to know I can start my blog OK and by the end start having anxiety.  How nice. Well I'm off to deal with this and try and relax.
Thanks again everyone who has been checking in with me and sending messages. It means a lot to me.

SMIB \m/



Comments

  1. Workouts are always good..stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it helps to actually talk to someone that has gone through similar situations, because they can give you hindsight and suggestions on dealing with what you're going through. I was glad to read that you had a good day! Hang in there, ((((Pat)))).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. I am lucky to have people that have gone through this and have been there helping me along the way.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see the message from your funding page from Sammy, what a huge milestone Pat. Almost man,almost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://speedoflight.ironmaiden.com/

    SOmething fun for ya Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaks Rick!!! We need to hang soon my friend!!

      Delete
    2. Whenever you are ready man> At the very least, I will see you at your benefit

      Delete
    3. Whenever you are ready man> At the very least, I will see you at your benefit

      Delete

Post a Comment