The Force Awakens...

Well kids I got my rant out in yesterday's blog about my current situation. I am again reminded about friends dealing with cancer that have it worse off than I do. My prayers are with them as they battle this disease and fight for their lives. I have thought long and hard about my situation. A brother at lodge tonight said something that really helped me see things in such a clear light. As I was explaining all the options I have and the what ifs. He said "that is not reality right now".  He is right. None of those worst case scenarios right now are reality. That comment slapped me across the face. How perfect to look at it that way. At this point I will just go with what my immediate reality is. That reality is that I am feeling better.
Today I had a great workout. I can feel my strength getting better. I had my last chemo treatment one month ago tomorrow. Or today depending on when you are reading this. Or yesterday if you are reading this on Friday. You get the point. It would take two weeks to recover from the chemo so at this point I have had sixteen days since I have started to feel better from my chemo treatment. Again I know I can't rush feeling better and I am still dealing with after effects from six months of chemo. Being on my ass for a few months was no fun. Now that I have been starting to be on my feet for most the day my feet get swollen #oldpeopleproblems. I mean really? lol. I still have some issues with remembering things here and there. The cooking from the inside out feeling has stopped. I really do not feel it that much anymore.
Mostly it is small stuff that bugs me here and there. The best thing is that my back is feeling better now that I am in the gym every day and stretching. Although my feet hurt from walking everyday I kinda figured it would be a shock to my system going from doing nothing to doing something. I feel good because it is all a good sore feeling. Just means my body is adjusting to being bad ass again. Other than all that I am grateful as always that my feet hit the floor every morning and it's a new day to continue being awesome. We should all get up everyday and be awesome. That is that for today. Tomorrow.... The Force Awakens!

SMIB \m/



  






Comments

  1. Agreed man, I am so in the mind set of you cant change the past, you can only prepare and not predict the future, and you can only truly be in control of the here and now. Mindfulness. May sound corny to some but it has changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on! It has helped me through all this and now I need to keep the same mindset.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment