It's been a long time since I Rock & Rolled

Time sure does fly. I have been asked recently about the band and where things stand since I have put things on hold. I have been working so hard on my health and getting my life back on track after this set back that I have put a few things on the back burner. As many of you know I have been working on and off getting new music rolling for the band. I found that at one point I was just rushing to get the band back out on the road. I realize now that rushing things just was going to produce sub par material and the band would not be as tight as I would like it to be. Being a perfectionist is a curse. I had to take a step back and realize that I am in no hurry. This is not a race. I have no deadlines to meet. The time will come and it will be the right time. I have been keeping busy for the past year or so playing every Sunday with the church band and that has been a breath of fresh air. I play with some amazing musicians and we have a blast.
Catalano was up and running at full strength but I was forcing it and it was not organically moving the way it should have. I have been putting the pieces back together again slowly. Things are starting to move in the right direction and I will no longer try and force it to happen. The most wonderful thing happens when you start to put things in perspective. I play music because it is an extension of my soul. The time comes when I started to realize that I am not doing this for any other reason other than feeding my creative inner self. Being in the music business can suck the life out of you. You start to realize that no one really cares. It should always be about the music. It's pure and speaks to everyone in a different way. The politics and backstabbing I have encountered along the way has been nothing more than laughable. I won't get sucked into it.
I have found that most of the jealousy and backstabbing is as bad as a grammar school playground. That is truly a very sad thing. Nonetheless I love the stage and will always play in some capacity. Whether I play in my church to help people connect with God, or kicking ass on stage shredding some awesome metal. This gift I was given to express myself with music is something that I will forever be grateful for. Besides rockin out every week at church and working on new music with Catalano my daughter and I are also working on some cool music with our band K9. Although she is only nine years old so we work on a song once every few months. At this rate we may have an album out when she is twenty!
Speaking of working on my health. In my last post I promised I would write about some awesome things I have been doing to help my anxiety and overall health. I have been working on that and making sure I have everything perfect before I unleash this awesome information on you. There is so much misinformation out there that I do not want to contribute to that. Stand by and I will have that posted soon.
In other news I am thinking about tightening up my social media. I am starting to become to busy to update so much. My Facebook page I have been linking to is becoming a burden. I tried to link it to my twitter feed and that became a crazy bombardment of political garbage. I may merge the page with the Catalano Official Facebook page at some point. I know I clipped about three thousand people off my personal Facebook page a few years ago and I got a lot of backlash for that. Apparently you can not have a Facebook page and manage it as you wish. Go figure that out. I just wanted to clean up my page and keep it open for personal friends and family. Anyone else was welcome to follow my instagram or band page. Again that insulted some people that took it upon themselves to call me every name in the book. Funny I still sleep very soundly at night. With that being said If I decide to close up shop and move things to Twitter and Instagram make sure you follow me there and don't forget YouTube. I should go back to doing some video blogs soon.
Sometimes I think all this social media really makes us antisocial.

Until next time.
SMIB \m/


Follow me on these social media sites

Comments