The Summit

It's very exciting how life moves you isn't it? So many things change in life that just force you to step outside of your comfort zone. You realize you are in this comfort zone only when something shifts in your life and you can feel it. You actually freeze in that moment and say "it's happening right now" . My life is always changing. I think I have finally seen that in a very clear way. This is what is so very cool about this blog. The fact that I sat down that first night of my chemo treatment and started to write things down has really made me look at things a bit different. It's one thing to move day to day from one thought to another but when you write it all down and look back you can see the change. At the very least you can spot where things in your life made you turn left instead of right.
There is a moment in life where you feel you have reached the summit of that mountain you have been climbing. It has been in your sight all along. Some days it was behind the clouds or you were just on a different path on the mountain. Still reaching the summit but on a different journey. I had that moment today on stage. Oh I have been on many stages. I have played many songs. Some that have hit me in different ways. But this one moment, during this one song, I unexpectedly had that moment.
I can't explain really what it was that did it. All I can really say is that at that moment I knew I was close to the summit. dare I even say I reached it. At that moment the song moved me in a way no song ever had. The music was just flowing and it didn't matter who was watching. Now you will hate me when I say this song will stay between me and God. For now. But that moment I knew that I have reached that part of life where forgiveness, letting go of the shit that has dragged me down for years became clear. No matter what or who you believe in there is that moment in life when you reach something so amazing that it can not really be put into words.
Today I heard something interesting.  Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. I am done drinking the poison. I have always been close to this place but I never was able to walk through the door. I was always right there in the doorway then something would pull me back. I felt that moment today push me. As soon as it hit me I had that perfect becoming one with the music moment. How did it take this long is beyond me. Everything I have gone through really has taken me here. Someday I may tell you but for now I am still keeping it to myself. I am still on the natural high.
I think I still need to let it overflow in other areas of life. I talked about balance in my last blog post. How I have been balancing home, work, music, my faith, my lodge my health. It all is part of who I am and moves me to the summit. It is a challenge to move with all these things in symmetry. Once it does it feels good. I always strive to be better in all of these aspects of life. If cancer has taught me anything I have learned that I can reach any goal in life I set for myself. Even when things move slow it's okay because the goal will be achieved as long as you keep moving and working towards it. Ever closer to the Wolverine inside me.
There is so much more a head. So much more. Aren't you excited?

SMIB \m/

Follow me on these social media sites






Comments