Still Cancer Free...And now I can see

As expected I was a bit nervous today for my check up. I was happy to get the good news that everything looked good. Now my next step is a ct scan in October. So I received a nice big jug of contrast to drink before the scan. How much fun s that? This news made me feel pretty great. The doc said I am progressing and recovery is going great. I'm on point considering the treatments I received. All good news. As I said before you can not go on living life worrying that this could come back. You have to just move forward and enjoy the time we have now. Nothing is set in stone. Don't waste time doing what you hate or being around those that don't care about you. I believe that I have it that note a few hundred times.
Now on to the future. I know that I am going to be poked and scanned for the next two years. As long as I stay healthy and get back into the shape I was in I will be good. The next thing up is the eye doctor. I know the chemo has messed with my eyes. I need some glasses. The last time I went in the eye doctor sent me to the emergency room to get a MRI of my brain lol. It was not your typical eye doctors appointment. The scan came back normal. The eye doctor thought that because my optical nerve was swollen it may have been a brain tumor. Tomorrow I have a few more eye exams and hopefully I will get my glasses.
The magic of writing bring us fast forward to today. I had meant to have this blog posted last night but here we go. Today I went back into the eye doctor to get another exam and see if my optical nerves were any better. Good news is the guy didn't send me off to the emergency room for an MRI. I was told my optical nerves are getting better. As I told the guy this has to be a side effect of the chemo. Still he said he wants to keep an eye on me.... No pun intended. I took a few eye exams including the field test. I crushed all the eye exams so in the end I looked at this eye doctor and said "can I please have a prescription for glasses now?"
Happily I walked out of the office with a script for glasses. Now I am on the hunt for a pair of glasses. Gosh life is keen!! In other health news I have had my fillings replaced since radiation knocked out three of the fillings I had. Now I need to follow up and have a tooth pulled that was messed up from chemo. It's doctor's appointment after doctors appointments since this has happened. The good thing about it all is that I am getting everything fixed. Just keeping the faith and moving forward.

SMIB \m/

Follow me on these social media sites. 







Comments

  1. Sorry, a little behind on this post but great news man. LMAO I totally remember that Woody Woodpecker episode. Fucking hilarious. What happened to good cartoons?
    Hey, you ever use vegan cheese? I know you try to stay away from dairy. If so, any good? And where do you get it? Tnx brother man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not off the dairy completely because I still eat cottage cheese. But I do get Cheese made from almond milk. Whole foods has it check it out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Being Italian, I know you know cheese so I'll take your word for it LOL Especially since we are looking to switch more so for Amanda, she's having some gut trouble and she from Wisc. so when we are talking no cheese, it's like telling Charley Sheen no more pussy LMAO
      Hey, also, don't forget to check and see if you can go to the Megadeth concert, my treat dude. It's in a month. And, you and the girlfriend into The Walking Dead ?

      Delete
    2. I will let you know for sure. Also no never watched the show lol

      Delete
    3. OK cool, hope you can make it. Don't recall the last time you and I went to a concert...if ever. This will be a good one dude.
      Also, I asked about Walking Dead cuz we are having a Walking Dead themed Halloween Party on Sat OCt. 29th at our place. Don't care if your a fan tho, doesn't matter. It's kind of a costume thing but I am going to talk to Amanda about buying some cheap stuff to give to people if they don't wanna come in costumer. Just have some hats, zombie scars, etc to give out. Whatever, the important thing is to hv people there. Anyway, we'd love for you both to come. Gonna be just our friends and shit, should be fun. Let me know if you guys can make it. YOu can just text or call too. Probably better actually.

      Delete

Post a Comment