Starting over...

It's been awhile since my last update. Today being the day before my three month check up with my oncologist, It just seemed to be a perfect time to write an update. So far things the last few months have been pretty good. I have been building up my strength and stamina slowly. I am not yet where I was before all this. I don't try and dwell on that anymore. It would bother me when I couldn't do what I once could. I let it slide and realize that a little more time and just doing what I can everyday as I push myself a bit more everyday it will all come back. You don't just snap back after cancer in a matter of months. But I do wish you could.
I have been spending most my time just picking up pieces of my old life. They do say you change in many ways after cancer. I still do look in the mirror and see someone else. This vision of me is stronger for going through what I did. That much I can be sure of. It has been a bumpy road these past few weeks. I still come out the other side of it feeling good. I don't let it all take control of me. Keeping my mind focused on getting better and moving forward. That is my only plan right now.
The great news is that I went in for all my blood work the last few weeks. No signs of cholesterol or diabetes. Everything looks good. That has eased my anxiety in a big way. News like that is what you want to hear at my age. All that work in the gym pays off. I have about 15 Lbs to go to get back to pre cancer weight. I can't complain. When it comes off slow it stays off. My mind tried to rush it but you can't rush the weight off. As long as I stay the course everything will fall into place.
All things considered things have been going smoothly and as good as they can considering. The one thing that keeps repeating in my mind is how quickly the time has passed since my diagnosis.The feeling that all that time is just missing from your life is strange. In the end of it all it was not wasted time. When you look back and realize you fought for your life you see the true meaning of what life is about. It is truly the awesome moments that matter. Lately I have been trying to fill my life with as many awesome moments I can.
To recap it is impossible to update a month's worth of what has been going on. The list is long. The main thing is getting my life back on track and start living life again. As much at that C word lingers in your mind. You need to put it off because you can not live in fear. It's no fun to start over but it can be done.

SMIB \m/

 Follow me on these social media sites. 


Comments