The Swing...

I have been busy since the port was taken out a few weeks ago. I have finally started to get my workout routine back to where I was before chemo. That has me very happy. It has been a long road but I kept my eye on the prize so to speak. I just had to stay in a state of mind that kept me strong and motivated to beat this thing. I have learned that keeping a great attitude during any big struggle is the only way to get past it. Fighting the anxiety is always the worst part of it. Still somehow I fight through it and keep pushing myself to be better.
Since the last blog post I have just been concentrating on getting past all this. As hard as that may be. I have been making up for some lost time with my kids for sure. My daughter missed out the whole summer bike riding and going to the park. So we have been busy every night getting out for walks and bike rides and hanging out at the park. I even got on the swings for a while. That really makes you feel old lol. There is nothing that can make up time with your kids but at the very least my daughter is having a blast.
Next week I lose my son to college as he leaves to get a jump start for hockey this summer. Trying to get all the time in as I can. As I have said before "Life turns on a dime". It's so easy to get wrapped up in work and your busy life. I think it's more important to just try to spend as much time with the kids. All the other bullshit in life really is meaningless. After you face cancer you really do see things a whole lot different. You really find out what is more important in life.
Moving forward I am just excited that my energy is really coming back strong. I started back on my normal routine in the gym this week. I thought it may take longer but I have been holding up pretty good. I can't lift what I used to yet but I will get there. It is so much better to take your time in the gym with any workout routine that trying to rush the weight loss. It is more important to concentrate on muscle growth and the rest falls into place. Getting back to life after going through cancer is hard but as long as you have the attitude to stay focused and strong, nothing can stop you. I look back and think "wow I made it through that." There were many times I felt like it would never end. A whole year of fighting the fight of my life. Now I am just happy to enjoy every moment I have. I will never take for granted the time I have here.
Cutting out all the negativity and bullshit in life was key. I feel very good about the future no matter what gets handed to me. Keep checking back as I will be doing more food and workout blogs in the near future. And a big thank you to all of you that keep checking in and reading my blog. You guys are awesome. If you or someone you know who suffer from cancer I hope this blog helps some of you just as much as it helped me while I wrote it. Now get out there and Swing!!!

SMIB \m/

 Follow me on these social media sites. 



Comments