A New Day...

I have been keeping busy working on a bunch of new projects and working out everyday. If I can't make it into the gym I have my treadmill working and resistance bands and some weights here at home so I can at least get cardio in and some weight training. I have to be prepared for days where I just can not get in the gym. It has been a great week so far. My energy level has been up. I do still sleep a lot but my body is still recovering. After talking with my nurse while I was at my last visit at the hospital for my weekly talk. She told me that it normally takes up to a year to feel better. I don't know about you but I have no time for that. I of course have to take my time. The more I keep pushing myself the better I will get. I have the energy to get some great workouts in and that makes me feel great.
This last week really has been a good. Well good compared to the last few months. There is nothing that will compare to that shit. Moving along I have started to look forward to life after cancer. I know I still have to wait for the scan at the end of the month but still. I want to stop letting this get in my way. I have noticed that at times I let this thing stop me from life. It has been hard because of my energy levels being so low that I haven't been able to do much or go anywhere. Mostly due to the fact that I have been afraid to get so tired when I am somewhere besides my home. Of course I try to control my surroundings and that does not help me at all.
Seeing my counselor once a week has really helped me start to realize many things. It has been helping me see forward and really put my life in perspective. As I have talked about a whole lot in my blog having cancer really changes you. It changes your life in so many ways. The biggest thing as I have always talked about is finding out who your friends are. The people that stick around and are there for you really make a big difference in your life. That is a beautiful thing. It's sad that some people walk away. You can not stop that from happening. You just move on and live life.
Another thing that really changes in you is that you no longer have a filter on your mouth. See before cancer you had this thing where your brain would say something then the filter would choose if the moment or situation was right to let it hit the chamber in your mouth and fire. That no longer exists. For good or for bad I can not say yet lol. But I will say that I do feel great just saying what I really mean. If I offend someone for saying the truth... well I suppose that's to bad. It's not that I am being an asshole, It's more like freedom. Freedom is good. We should all just be honest and tell it like it is. At some point life gets better when you are up front and honest.
So on to some projects I am working on that I am excited about. I will be changing the way I use my Facebook page in the future. I have created a new Fan Page for my blog and new video blog that I will be doing. I have gotten a lot of positive reaction to my video blogs when I did them that I will be doing them way more often. Mostly my blog here and video blog will work together and I will be talking about Cancer, Workouts, Food (what's good to eat while trying to lose weight and stay healthy) Entertainment like Movies and Music. So lots of cool shit that I am into and I will be putting it all in one place on Facebook. I want to stream line my whole social media presence. Obviously with the band and other projects that I am working on there are so many social media outlets to handle. Google and Facebook and Twitter and so on and so on. Its hard to keep up. So I will be linking my new Facebook page with my YouTube and Twitter where I am very active more than I am on Facebook. Also obviously my blog here.
This is all part of my new life after cancer and just the excitement of being alive. I'm alive and that is something to celebrate. Life's too short to stand on the side lines. so follow me on this journey if you wish. From working out to helping those who are fighting cancer and anxiety. You will get something out of it if you follow along and join in.  New Facebook Click "LIKE"

SMIB \m/








Comments

Post a Comment