Reborn

I had an awesome day today. Well as close to awesome as it can get to awesome for now. I did get lots of sleep last night so that was great. I mean I know now this port has to stay in until my oncologist says I am all clear. This thing does bother me when I sleep in certain positions. It does piss me off. But it is what it is for now. I am not going to let it bother me so much. At the very least I do get some good sleep now that the steroids are leaving my system. The thought crossed my mind to hit the gym but I decided to hold off today and get some things done around the house early afternoon. I saved my energy to finally go pick up my daughter from school today. It's been a few months since I was able to have the energy to go get her.
She was very excited so it was well worth it. After I picked her up we hit the grocery store for a few things and got home and started homework. So I was very excited that my energy level was staying at a good place. I don't wanna push it so I take things slow. I decided to finally go back to lodge tonight and I am very happy I did. Again I was worried about my energy level. I am not used to having this much energy. It's obviously not as much as I used to have when I stated this but it is getting better. Very happy to say that the chemo side effects have really backed off now that I am finished with treatments. That feels amazing all in itself.
The feeling that I am getting back in control of myself is great. The chemo really fucked me up so bad that I had lost control. Now that I am facing a bit of the unknown I sat and had time to think about it. Yes The news I received yesterday was not the news I wanted to hear. It is something I now need to face head on. I got a call today from my oncologist and now I have appointments set with the surgeon and Radiation oncologist. My mind's at ease that I now have a plan to move forward. The unknown is always what causes fear and panic. I now know that I have to look at this issue at face value.
There is no thinking positive, there is just living in the now. I am in a good place mentally and understand what is ahead of me. I find living in the now helps you deal with what needs to be done. I have found a new power inside me. A new found strength that will get me through this. Having time to let all this sink in has helped a lot. Yes this will take time and will really continue to test me. Will financially and emotionally drain me. Still I am going to forge ahead and kick some ass. Felling better today and having a bit or normality has helped me tremendously. This blog helps me every day to just, as I say "mind dump" everything in my head at the end of the day. I just drop it all here and tomorrow is a new day.

This was a good day. Tomorrow will be better. I will always be better tomorrow than I am today. Everyone should strive for that. At the end of the day I will always have the clear mindset to start tomorrow in a great frame of mind and attitude. After getting the call today that my blood tests they took yesterday showed that my blood counts were back to normal I was told to stop all my antibiotics. Thank god I am now off all my medication. Now I can concentrate on getting my diet back on track and getting back in the gym to start my routine again. The fact that the medication really bloated my ass is something I have come to terms with. Now that I am off everything the extra weight I put on will start to come off.
The last seven months have been quite a journey. I truly am a different person than I was back in May. Now it's time for me to keep looking ahead and fighting. Being reborn is an amazing thing.

SMIB \m/











Comments