My Precious

It's been almost a month since my last chemo treatment. I am just about ready to detox from all the medication that I have been on the past seven months. I was told to wait a bit until I could start this process. I still feel the effects of the steroids in some ways. I am retaining water and I can feel it in my hands for sure. It's actually the withdrawal of the steroids I was taking. They were giving me prednisone and the withdrawal is crazy for this shit. From what I hear it just takes time and everyone is different. There is also four antibiotics I was on that I am sure have some effects on me. What can you do but just ride it out.
It does start to get annoying after all the shit you go though for six months or so then you get hit with this shit. In other news I have been doing great in the gym. The bench pressing and cable workouts for my chest yesterday made me sore as hell today. I woke up this morning and wow I was unable to move lol. I haven't felt like that in so long. It is a great feeling though that I am getting back to where I was. I am trying so, so hard not to be mad about this weight. I know I am doing the right things just like I did before. Still my mind tends to want to rush shit. I think anyone would. When you start working out and trying to lose weight you want results as soon as possible or you get unmotivated. I need to not fall into that trap.
Besides some of the withdrawal of the steroids I am still dealing with my vision being off. I am going to wait a few more weeks then off to the eye doctor because I am not happy with my dollar store readers. I can't walk the isles in the grocery store and see what the fuck I am looking at. I have to put my readers on and walk right up on something to see what I am looking at. A few of the medications I have been taking has effects on my vision so I need to wait until they are completely out of my system before I get the right prescription for glasses. So can't see to good, Withdrawal from all the damn medication, fun, fun, fun. All the aftershocks of this treatment are in full swing and I feel like Gollum. My precious. All while I do my best to ride it out and get back to my normal diet and exercise routine.
To be honest, It is all about attitude. Before, during and after the treatment. I it s hard to adjust to life after chemo. I have heard that this was a thing. I didn't want to believe it and here I am dealing with it. It's true you are never the same after all this. And I am not even done yet with the whole thing. As always my friends, a day at a time is all we can do. Whatever your struggles in life just take it as it comes and face it with confidence.

SMIB \m/








Comments