Getting strong now...

Glad to be writing a blog on a Sunday that doesn't start with  "well chemo is this week".  This will be week four since my last treatment. My body is slowly getting back to normal. I had another day of getting lots of things done, laundry, cleaning and helping my daughter clean out her room and pick out her old toys she no longer wants so we can donate to the church. A very productive day for sure. The whole weekend was productive. Had a nice visit from my parents today. Had a killer dinner and drank some wine lol. It has been a while since I had any alcohol. Was nice to get a good buzz going. Still sore from the gym. I am glad though that I got in there and started to get the muscles moving again.
This coming week I should get more news. I see the surgeon and have a meeting about this biopsy that we may or may not do. I just keep thinking I have a fifty, fifty chance that I will need radiation. Why go through another surgery that will just set me back again. Plus I really don't want anyone poking around my chest. Still I will go talk and get all my options. Then I will make the decisions with my oncologist and see what we will do. Still, at this point I am happy to be feeling better without chemo running through my body. The side effects have seemed to really subside. Even my hair's growing back rather quickly. Still my energy is not what it once was. That will get there in time. I am not to worried about that. As I keep working out I am just getting stronger every day.
All that is left is to get this last of it all taken care of so we can get this port out of my chest. Then I will be extremely happy. Other than that my friends it has been a decent day. I did have to miss Toys for Tots this year. Still there will be many more to come.

SMIB \m/






   

Comments

Post a Comment