FML...

I skipped my blog entry last night because Star Wars was awesome. It was an awesome day yesterday. Got in a great workout and got to spend the rest of the afternoon with the kids watching some Star Wars to get ready for the new movie. After dinner my son and I went to golf mill theater to see the new Star Wars. It was more than just going to the movie. It was the same place my dad took me and my brothers to see Return of the Jedi all those years ago. Little things like that mean more than anything. We had a blast. Got there just in time before the crowds hit. We only had to sit around in line for about twenty minutes before they opened the theater for us to go find our seats. Luckily we didn't get stuck in the front row. After finding awesome seats and getting popcorn this was another cool memory to share.
Today was a little bit of a sluggish day in the gym. Kinda didn't feel it today. Then again it was leg day. I couldn't walk to good after a few reps. Still getting used to walking on the treadmill and my feet are looking at me like "what the fuck are we doing?". Just like when I started working out. I just keep moving forward with my workout. I try to keep the focus on one rep at a time. One workout at a time. There is no way you can rush the weight loss. You can't rush the results. It is a tough mindset to have but you have to have it. And that is under normal circumstances. Now add in cancer and six months of chemotherapy and all the meds I was on. I think trying to keep that in mind has been tough.
I took it easy today after the gym and just listened to my body and didn't over do it. I am getting stronger every day. I still have to keep in mind that It really has only been two weeks since I started feeling better after the last chemo treatment. That is not a long time considering what I have been though the last six months. I just keep that in mind as I go forward. I still have to think about the radiation that I am going to most likely do for the next month or so. Lots  to do before I am done with all of this. In the meantime though as I said I never give up and I keep kicking ass.
That brings me to my last little rant I want to throw out there. I know I have seen some people throw around the "FML" saying out there. Now if you start with "wow I found out (insert horrible disease here, death in the family exc) now in this case I can understand "FML". Now seriously getting a flat tire or forgetting your lunch at home is not a "FML" moment.  I know I see it used more and more by younger people. Still think about it before you "FML" because the barista at starbucks fucked up your frapamocashit. I think "FML" used that way is just an insult to others who are suffering from horrible diseases. I never see anyone fighting cancer saying "FML". I don't know I say grow a set and get a grip on life.

SMIB \m/










Comments