Closer than yesterday....

Today I took another step closer to some normality. Keeping my focus on getting stronger and recovering from chemo. That is the only way to stay calm and realize that no matter what is around the corner with this whole thing. It has been working great. My attitude is much better and I am very happy in the place I am right now. As I said before, yeah I would have loved to hear the all clear. But that will come soon as I keep the fight going. For now I am kicking ass in the gym and on the road to gaining back my strength. That is all that I need to worry about for now. Everything else will fall into place. 
The gym was great today. I actually was able to walk for forty minutes on the treadmill. Of course I was going more than half the speed I am used to. That's ok, I will get there. I was able to get weightlifting in also. the next few days I am just working on getting my body used to lifting again. I am sore all over. I just want to work slow and light as my body gets used to it again. After getting a good workout in I was able to pick my daughter up from school. She is excited that I am able to start picking her up. 
Also got to eat my sushi for dinner. That was a great feeling. Another step closer to being normal. After dinner we hit the Honda Motorcycle Christmas Party and got to meet Santa. Not a bad day today at all. No real side effects anymore. They seem like a fading memory right now. Not much bothered me today. Even the anxiety that I anticipated in the gym never really hit me. Now I do not want to jinx anything for sure. At this point I am just rolling with the punches. The main thing as I said is I keep on looking forward. 
That is about it for today folks. Not much more than that. I am just grateful that I have gotten this far. Nothing in life is promised to us. You need to take every day as it comes. Tomorrow everything can change. 

SMIB \m/



Comments

  1. you're the man Pat!! you show the strength and endurance to surpass it all even in your darkest hours, keep up the fight my friend.. you truly inspire and are almost there, closer than the day before.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I just keep going no other choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey bud, great to hear all the good news. Being able to do those normal things has got to be inspiring in itself. Awesome dude! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to have no restrictions on food for sure lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment