The cave on Dagobah....

In the same boat today. Just extremely tired. Haven't been able to do much at all today. I did push myself a bit to cook and shower. Hey The necessities, am I right? lol. That being said I just have been resting all day. I am sick of resting. I am sick of sitting on my ass. I have sat on my ass enough for two lifetimes. Once I gain my strength back I will not be sitting around anymore. I feel like so much wasted time is going by. Still that is the way it is on chemo. Just have to accept that and move along.  I think I have learned how to accept many things through this whole journey of mine.
I think that is the way you grow and become a different person when you are on this journey. You learn who people really are. You learn what you can and can not take. You learn a whole new meaning of suffering. It really takes a toll on your body and mind. I think It really does change you in a certain way. It's like Luke walking into that cave on Dagobah and asks Yoda "What's in there?" Yoda says "Only what you take with you" So I believe this is the same thing. Really is what you take with you after all this is over. And really it is never over. You have to watch it now for the rest of your life and keep testing and making sure you stay healthy.
It is a long journey. The worst is chemo and going through what you go through with side effects. That is part of it. The other part is the mental breakdown. It mind fucks you so hard that it really tests the limits of your mind. That all being said I am still challenged every day. It will take time and I need to give it time and stay calm. I feel myself trying to rush it already. I just need to have my strength back and feel like myself.

SMIB \m/





Comments