Sympathy for the Devil....

So today marks post number 100. Now I ask myself is this cool or does that suck that I even had to do this. I guess we should just go with cool since apparently I had no choice in the matter. Well here we are its been obviously over a hundred days on chemo because I did miss two nights where I did not post because I was just not feeling well. But I did start posting every since my first chemo treatment. So here I am fighting this since May 15th when I walked into the emergency room at Illinois Masonic. It has been a rough ride for me and others around me I am sure have not had it easy. Regardless the fight continues and I keep pushing forward.
Today was actually a good day. Now I never say that about my "crash day" but today I have been pretty good. I did get lots of sleep so when I woke up today I had a small burst of energy that was unexpected. I guess you never know how things will go so I try not to dwell on it. It was nice to get up and have some energy to do some things I needed to do. Staying stagnant is just not fun at all. As I have said so many times it is very odd to have your mind ready to go and do things while your body just shuts down and won't do anything.
Not much you can do about being tired. It is the price you pay on chemo. I must sound like a broken record about that but I can not say it enough that being tired like this is just a odd feeling. I have never felt this much weakness before in my life. So when I say yeah I am tired I don't mean I can use a nap lol. It means I just can not get up or even have the energy to talk to anyone. Just speaking is tiring. It is odd how It goes from having some energy to barely any in a matter of 5 hours or so. Some days you get more energy than others. As the days go one after chemo you start to gain more energy.
I have to say that I had very low anxiety today also. So my acupuncture really has been holding up now. I am so happy about that because as we all know the anxiety has just been a big battle for me. It's funny I sit here and think I am fighting cancer and what is really in all honestly fucking with me is anxiety, back pain because I don't work out as much and the lack of energy. Those things are what are really messing with me every day. Well then there is the chemo brain but that will dissipate in a few more days. The acupuncture really has kept the rest of the side effects at bay. I do tell myself every day that I am lucky that I do not have some of those other side effects.
Those few weeks last month where I did not have acupuncture I went through hell with nausea and neuropathy for sure. At this point those side effects have been pushed to the background. I do feel a rush of, well lets just call it feeling like complete shit with nausea and neuropathy right after a chemo treatment. That is why I get acupuncture that same night to just get me to feel s good as I possibly can.
Well nothing else exciting today. It was just a day filled with sitting around and watching TV. Usually what is expected on my "crash day".  On the upside I at least feel better than normal. That gives me hope for sure. We can only hope some day they find a better way to fight cancer. You never know until you go though it yourself  how crazy it is. I used to hear these same stories from people going through this and I could never imagine it being like this. It hits you and says "Pleased to meet you.  Hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you Is the nature of my game" Although I have no sympathy for this devil.

SMIB \m/






Comments