Keeping your feet grounded

As I near closer to Chemo day I start to feel like I can use another day in the week. I am pretty happy right now that my chemo has shifted to Tuesday. This gives me all day Monday to get my last minute things done. The funny thing is I may not even get to most of it anyway.  It's funny we try to get everything done in one day. That is the biggest lie in life. lol. You never get it all done. That's ok I will try I am sure. Not a bad day today. No real side effects today. There is a lingering feeling that I am just not myself. It's hard to explain it really. I just feel off. Not that is saying much. There just a feeling that I am not whole at the moment.
Every chemo treatment takes a piece of you and you just feel something is missing. You may forget things you may just stare into space and forget what the fuck you were doing. I sometimes change my mind from moment to moment. I really hope that after this is all over I can shake some of these quirks that I have developed. Mostly the worst is just becoming a germaphobe. Any time I hear someone sneeze or cough I bolt the other direction. I conceal carry hand sanitizer everywhere I go. I travel with my small cooler with my own food lol. It is a crazy feeling when you are afraid to leave your house without the things that make you comfortable.
I at least got to go to lodge today and have a great time with my brothers for the afternoon. Then got home to relax I had intentions to hit the gym but some anxiety slipped in and kinda put a stop to that. The days and weeks start to melt together now that I am deep into this treatment. I have to remind myself everyday to not roll over and give in to it. I have to keep getting up as I am able and keep moving forward. But still didn't make it in the gym today. I am sore as shit from the last few days of working out. What a great feeling to have!! I will be back in tomorrow for a great workout.
Tonight I had the pleasure to speak with Erik Vecchione of Rock in Chicago. We had a great conversation for his podcast that will be out in the next day or so. I will be posting the link when it is available. Other than that I had a decent day even though I didn't get everything I wanted to get done. But who ever does.

SMIB \m/

photo Bull Garlington

Comments

Post a Comment