420

Chemo day came and went. This one went a bit better than I expected. I didn't freak or get any anxiety during the treatment. I love the fact that the nurse that administers the chemo sits and talks to me before we start and I get to go over how I felt the last time and what I am feeling. And she even noticed that last time I was very anxious. This time was way more calm because I asked her to administer the first two chemo drugs slower than last time. The first 2 drugs I get are pushed in by the nurse and if they go to fast it really feels weird going in and that sets my anxiety off.
So with a better experience this time around the chemo treatment went well. I really start to feel chemo brain towards the end of the session. I stand up and I am a bit loopy. Kinda funny to see lol. So today went well and also the meting with my oncologist went very good. She gave me a full exam and said she is very confident that everything we are working on is doing its job. She can no longer feel anything in my lymph nodes and we both smiled. That was very cool feeling. But lets not get excited I am going to have a Petscan scheduled in the next few weeks and that will tell for sure where we actually are at this stage. No matter what we find the point is that I still have to finish my full amount of treatment. Think abut it like taking your antibiotic. You need to finish them all to knock it all out. If I stop to soon I can have a relapse and it can come back. I do not want that at all so lets just rock out the whole treatment and go from there.
So all in all today was a good day. I had a great session at acupuncture and all my side effects like nausea and neuropathy. Those are the worst ones. I was told that by now if I haven't gotten any other side effects like mouth sores and such I will not get them. Thank god for that. I have not gotten that metallic taste in my mouth after chemo that makes people not want to eat. Again thank god. I can eat and be happy. Plus it is chemo week we all know what I have a taste for during chemo week.... Burrito :) Maybe this week I will get one. I have been happy with a Chipoltle burrito bowl with no cheese or sour cream, Ugh not like I don't want that I just want to stay of the dairy for a while. So far everything I am doing is helping and that's the plan.
That as they say is that folks. I have the whole week a head of me but I have some weapons in my fight this time I have some goodies for medical purposes only of course.

SMIB \m/




Comments

  1. Pat stay off the dairy forever. .never good for you...try and use alternative plant based products

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have been off it for a while now. Sticking with all plant based stuff. I was very close to vegan before as it was. My main things I had left was cottage cheese, eggs and yogurt. well and cheese I love cheese lol but I have switched to almond cheese and other vegan cheese and cut out eggs and cottage cheese. so besides the chicken I am close to vegan.

      Delete
  2. OMG that pic looks sooo good lol. I cant believe its legal here. I think I left something at your house like 20 years ago, I need to stop over LMFAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment