Why so serious?

I made it to Friday without anxiety! Mission accomplished. This week I think I prepared myself a lot better than I did on my last treatment. So this has helped me big time. Today was decent even though I was tired it wasn't as bad as yesterday. So things are getting better thanks to some heavy acupuncture this week. Tomorrow I go in for another session and I think that will keep me going for the weekend. I got word that Monday I will be getting another Petscan to see the progress of the chemo.
I am excited for the results but I am not going to get that excited yet. I am going to stay positive but realistic and take the results as they come. No matter what I still have to do chemo till November so either way it's gonna suck till then lol. For now I am happy that I fell better than the last chemo treatment. The nausea hasn't been to bad this time unless my new magic sniffer smells something that drives me crazy and then I get nauseous. I spoke to a few people today that have gone through this and are currently going though this and they have and had the same issue with smell. Thank god it is not just me.
It is good to know others have experienced this. I had a great conversation with someone on the pone today that volunteers to talk with cancer patents. She was awesome to talk to. She had Hodgkins Lymphoma back in 08 and went through it all. She shared the same feeling about the port so that made me feel good. I told her how bad it sucks to sleep with this thing. going though this shit with this port is like having the Joker sitting asking you why so serious. Again she shared my sentiments on that dam port. Having someone to talk to and ask questions and get some real relief knowing you are not alone.
Other than that my day was slow and uneventful. I just take it easy on chemo week just to get my strength back for next week. One more week closer to kicking this shit in the ass. Until tomorrow.

SMIB \m/



Comments