The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.

Today was a good day. I have been sleeping well since I started acupuncture and that has been a big help. I have no signs of side effects today even the chemo brain has lightened up to the point of a low buzz. It is for sure still there but I don't feel it as heavy as I do the first 4 or 5 days after my treatment. The change in my diet has been tough to get used to and I have slipped up here and there. I stick with the best foods for me and it will just take time to switch out some of the other foods I was so used to eating. I did it once I can do it again. I had some decent energy today so was able to get some things done around the house and take a walk with my daughter for our usual pine cone hunting excursion.
Being outside I was told helps so I am trying to get out as much as I can. Being stuck inside watching TV all day is not my idea of fun at all. Trust me your ass starts to fall asleep if you sit here long enough and that is just no fun. So getting out today was good for me. Just sucks that you never know how quick your energy will drain. That's the worst part of it. Other than that I do what I can when I can. Still I think ahead to whats to come and I know its going to be a tough road. I am only 2 treatments in and again this whole chemo thing is cumulative. The more this shit gets in your system the more it kicks your ass.
I keep thinking shit if this is all I have to deal with for the next 6 months is a few ups and downs then bring it on. I have days that suck for sure but then I bounce back and feel a bit better and forget, even for a little while that I am even going though this. Those are the best moments. You can't replace that feeling. I have been trying some mediation and that has been helping with anxiety and just with keeping mentally strong. Its hard because having anxiety shit happens. You have a break down and you have to deal with it like I did the other night. So the acupuncture helps with that also along with helping my all around healing and the meditation just helps me real in when and if I have an anxiety attack.
Well I at least had a good day so mark this on in the books as good. We move on taking this shit day by day. I know at the end of this I will come out on top and get my life back. Just to be back in the gym everyday again will be amazing. Like I said a week or so ago. It is crazy how fast this shit just happens to you and then BAM you are faced with changing things right there and then. There is no preparing for it you just have to jump in with both feet. At this point it still seams like a big mistake or a dream. I just it will probably feel like that by the end too.  One day at a time, One victory at a time. Just happy to be alive and having a chance to fight. As great fighter once said,
The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you're hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
So I take the hits! Eye of the Tiger!

SMIB \m/






Comments

  1. 7.“We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up or fight like hell.” – Lance Armstrong

    Keep fighting Pat, you got this man

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment