Balance

It's been some time since my last post. Probably the longest time between posts since I started this Blog. Obviously when I started I was posting every single night. The idea was to just unload what was on my mind at the end of every day. I had other plans for my blog after I came to the close of my treatments and check ups. I have to admit I have fallen short in that department lol  SO many great Ideas but so little time. During the holidays and since my last post I had a lot of time to really think. The last blog was all about the things that matter. My kids, my family. I have since then turned my attention on giving more of my time to my kids, to my family, to my lodge and to my church, to my passions. All of which make me extremely happy.
There is no better feeling in life than knowing you cheated death. That you escaped with what so many people take for granted. Life. Now it's all about making the most of life. Making the most out of every day. The last thing any one should do is look back at their day and feel as if it was wasted. I can say honestly that the last few months I have been going down this path of peace. I have found a great balance in my life that was never there before. Maybe I wasn't looking back then? Who really knows. I am forever looking into ways to better myself and have finally found balance. After all isn't that what we all learned from MR. Miyagi? Balance in life equals happiness.
I have accepted what life after cancer has left me. Sure my neuropathy will flare up in my left hand from time to time. Not the best feeling for a guitar player. In my feet almost daily. But I can still walk. Nothing to cry over. My anxiety has been beaten down into submission because I have finally taken true control over it. I found what causes it. I identified it and put it to rest. All that naturally and without medication. This has had a massive impact on me and how I live my life day to day. No one should suffer and go through anxiety.
As I have said a million times, food is a big factor. It is funny how much resistance I get about food and health. No one wants to really accept that what the love to eat is causing them pain. After all I was always a lover of Reese's Peanut Butter cups and Diet Coke. Then again look where that got me. I am not going to get into a food rant because we all know deep inside what we should eat and what we shouldn't. I think the big challenge is accepting it and putting it into action. Even though I have been eating healthy I found certain foods that were causing my anxiety and just started to cut them out.
It's been a long journey. But really what journey is really short. We walk through this life learning and growing every day. The way we put that into action is what makes us who we are. And I will forever be a work in progress. My health, my workouts, my music, my everything. Always a work in progress. But progress is good my friends. It is with forward momentum that I push into life. Do I still think about cancer? Yes, how can you not. when this thing takes over your life how can you forget it. It has changed me in many ways. In many ways the old me is gone and I have replaced him. For the better I think. Many of the garbage that plagued my life really has no effect on me any longer. I walk through life a bit slower. I enjoy life a lot more, I see the truth and keep things grounded and real.
As much as I wanted to keep doing video updates and more food recipes on my blog, Well I guess if I feel like it someday I will. As usual when I come to the close of my post I stop and think " I have forgotten so much I am sure" and I have. In this coming year be better, be stronger, be who you want to be. Don't let anything keep you from being happy and finding your balance in life. until next time.

SMIB \m/



Follow me on these social media sites




Comments