The Edge of the Woods

It has been quite some time since my last post. I first want to thank everyone for the massive response for my friend Tina who has been fighting a very long and hard battle against cancer. As of this post Tina is still hanging on and fighting. Amazing how one's body will fight and stay alive when that person's will to stay alive is strong. Having talked to her through this I can only look back at my battle and realize I was spared a lot of pain and agony.
No one wants to hear those words that they have cancer. It has become a repeating theme throughout my blog. If you have been along for the ride you know what I am talking about. No one knows how they will deal with it unless it happens to them. When you are faced with something so unforgiving you find out quick what you are made of. It has been over two years since I was diagnosed with cancer and I still look back at that day and can't believe it happened. I remember my doctors telling me "give us six months of your life and you will be fine, everything will be back to normal" Normal. lol I don't believe I will ever see normal again. Certainly not the normal I was accustomed to.
 This time in 2015 I was just ready for my last chemo treatment right before Thanksgiving. I remember being so excited to be finished and get that scan over with at the end of November. Flash forward to 2017 and I am gearing up for my last scan. The one that will tell me that I am finally out of the woods. It has been on my mind for sure. I would be a liar if I said it wasn't haunting me. This diseases has stopped my life in it's tracks and turned it all upside down. I only had two choices, get angry and feel sorry for myself or just keep fighting and moving forward. I chose the later.
I have learned to really hate the feeling coming up to these scans and tests. The idea that after this you can take a step backwards by no fault of your own is just a hard pill to swallow. You try to keep the faith and pray that it will be all clear. In the back of your mind you start to fear the future. It has been a long road and I am finally at the edge of the forest and I can see the open field beyond the trees. I just need to get there before the monster grabs my leg and pulls me back in. It's just like that feeling as a kid when you need the blankets to cover your feet before the monster under your bed gets you.
Even though it's been awhile since my last post I am going to end it here. A whole lot has been going on since the post before last. I can assure you that I will write another post soon. Also I need to be up and in the gym by 5:30 am. In closing of this post I would just like to ask that everyone keep my friend Tina and others who are fighting this horrible battle in your prayers. Even better if you know someone who is fighting cancer or any other horrible disease please take some time out of your day to check in and ask how they are doing. A simple call, text message can mean the world.

SMIB \m/

Follow me on these social media sites

Comments