2 Years Ago....

Hey all you crazy kids. It has been a month since my last post and what a crazy month it has been. I have been getting back to work finally. After a whole lot of time off. I have been busy with my music and have honestly been putting life into perspective. Taking inventory so to speak. I have started this during my cancer treatment but even more now that I know exactly where I am in my life. The things that matter are so much more clear. It is like I just woke up from the darkness that shielded me from the truth for so long. Now that I approach the two year anniversary of the day I woke up with cancer things are even more clear. In the past two years I have buried some close friends and I am fortunate to have spent time with these people and call them friends. I have seen the evil in some people and the beauty in others. It has been a blessing that I have welcomed as much as I tried to fight it.
Two years! Two years since that damn lump showed up the Monday morning after Mother's Day 2015.Life turned on a dime that day. Made my life turn upside down. It showed me the true colors of the people in my life and it continues to do the same today. I have learned so much over the last two years. even though my life is crazy and busy with my music, work and hitting the gym I find the time to learn to balance it all. After all that is what it is all about. Balance. I believe we all heard that before. "Balance Danielson" life needs balance.
I think that finally finding my inner peace is really all that matters. It is all that should matter to anyone. This crazy life we are all part of is just way too short for all the bullshit that comes with it. Once you find a way to balance it all and just walk away from the negative people you too will see the truth. This two year anniversary is scary to say the least. Do I think about it? Yes. It hides in the deep corners of my mind. It tries to haunt me and scare me. If it didn't I wouldn't be human. I mean ... cancer... who wants to hear that word. who wants to face that monster.
It definitely is not something you can plan for. I have said it in many of my blog posts. No one plans for it. There is no go to response. You hear the words and you react. In many ways I still look back and think was that a dream? How the hell did I face that. Where did I get the strength to even do what I did. Tomorrow will mark the day my life changed forever. The way it changed is all up to me. I can sit down and call it quits or stand back up and fight back to be better than I was before. Not a day goes by that I don't realize that I have been given another chance on this earth. The fact that I am still here means something. I stay strong and keep pushing in everything I do in life. Work, Music, The gym... everything. The most important thing is to be here for my kids and teach them what it means to live life.
Tuesday I go back in for another cancer screening. Two years later and I am still fighting and getting better. Remember to live life to the fullest. It can turn on a dime at any time. Don't wait for what could be or may be. Just make it happen! Keep being awesome and don't let anyone get you down. Be the WOLVERINE!

SMIB \m/

Follow me on these social media sites

Comments