One Year Later...

This month not only do I celebrate my birthday but I am celebrating one year cancer free. As crazy as it seams to even say it. I can't believe it has been two years this May since I was diagnosed. Obviously this is not something that you forget. That day stays with me and will stay with me forever. I still look back in disbelief that it even happened. At times I look back and think "shit it could have ended that fast". Life can turn on a dime. It was a theme to one of my blog posts. Life can turn on a dime just like that.. poof. And it can leave you in a world of shit. Or it can make you a better and stronger person. If you chose to let it crawl into your mind and fuck you then you have a major fight on your hands. Of course I had it crawl into my head. I still fight it everyday but it's a good fight. It makes me stronger and better in the end.
One year. It almost feels like it has been longer than that. I am still waiting for all my energy to come back. Some days it seems like I just don't have it in me at all. Other days I am moving like crazy and have lots of energy. I have good days and bad but the bad are happening less often as time goes by. I have been staying focused on the things that matter most to me the past few months. Getting to spend time with my daughter as much as possible. I feel I have cheated her out of a lot of time. Making up as much time as I can with her is important to me. I am happy to say we have been having a blast so far.
The past year or so I have seen who my true friends are and who the fake people who pretend to give a crap about me really are. It has been the biggest relief to cut out the negative shit that surrounded my life.  As you walk through life you are bound to stumble. Just because we stumble and fall doesn't mean we have lost our way. You just have to dust yourself off and really see who is around you that really matter in your life. I've said it in my blog a million times and I will continue to say it. Life is way too short to deal with all the negative shit that we get handed to us. How we choose to handle that is what defines us. What I have learned in the past year is something that I will take with me for the rest of my life. It sucks that It took something like cancer for me to see the truth. I do believe it was right in front of me the whole time I just chose not to see it.
I move forward in life with my eyes wide open. The trivial bullshit means nothing to me anymore. At this point the things that matter to me are what keep me strong and keep me going everyday. Keep following me on my social media sites and share my blog with others who are fighting cancer.

SMIB \m/



Follow me on these social media sites. 


Comments