Moving forward...

It's been awhile since my last blog. Still cancer free and kicking ass. I have learned (somehow) to keep this idea of cancer coming back out of my mind. Not sure how I do it every day but it has been done. I have stayed focused on working out and focused on music and getting the band back up and running after being on hiatus for a while. These things have kept me busy and my mind off of everything as much as it can possibly be. It is not easy to move forward after battling cancer without bearing some scars from the battle. I am learning to not be so hard on myself about these things. It has been a bitch to get back into the same shape and feel the way I did before I was diagnosed. Almost makes me laugh that I felt better back then and I actually had cancer!
Here I am now clear from cancer and still feeling the after effects of the drugs that killed the disease. My energy level still is not at its peak but it is getting close. I can feel my workouts getting better and much more productive. I have said this so many times to others that I have helped with weight loss. You just have to take a day at a time and have the faith in your workouts and your weight will fall off. you will make a change to your body as long as you stay focused. Funny I don't take my own advice lol. I suppose that's how it works isn't it? Since my last entry just around Thanksgiving I was just celebrating my year since my last chemo treatment. Now in January we mark the one year since I started proton radiation treatment. Just around this time I was starting my treatment.
The doctors told me back then it would take a year for my body to recover from all that treatment. I am almost there! As I sit here I can truly say I am just happy to be at this point. I just keep working harder every day to get myself back into the same shape I was in. It still is hard for me to not want to rush it. Some days you just get frustrated that it even happened and set you back in the first place. I must say that it is hard to accept even now that this happened to me. It takes everything some days to just look back at that nightmare and realize that it has changed me and the experience has made me who I am now.
I am excited that rehearsals have begun with the band. It has been way too long since I have been out there doing my favorite thing next to working out. I am excited to get back out and share the new exciting chapter for Catalano. We have put key people in place and the band is stronger than ever now. I also have been told I am slipping with my blog posts about food lol. I will do my best to rock out some new food ideas for working out and eating healthy. I have been working with some cool new easy and healthy recipes. Stay tuned and I will be posting some new stuff soon.
I am just happy to be healthy and alive right now and have been walking a new path in life. It isn't easy to move forward after life changing events. It's like pushing a boulder up the hill. Sometimes it will slip backwards and test your strength to push back and gain control. Until next time keep on pushing!

SMIB \m/

Follow me on these social media sites. 





Comments