Giving Thanks...

This last week was emotional  and  full of anxiety as I had to wait for my results from my cancer scan. After getting to my oncologists office early I sat in that waiting room just feeling my skin crawl and my heart pound. I could feel my blood pressure go up as time crawled slower than molasses. I told the nurse to not even bother taking my blood pressure. Why get me all worked up. Well they did it anyway and I'm still coming off the whole experience. With that being said my oncologist with a big smile, announced that I am still clear of cancer. She was very confident that this thing will not come back to haunt me again. I will obviously keep being checked every three months but she said unless she sees any red flags or I develop any symptoms she does not see the reason to continue to have me go through the scan again.
With that being said you can imagine that I feel very relieved and happy! I can't believe that It even happened. Going through something this traumatic takes a toll and leaves scars behind. I can confidently say that I made it through this and came out on the other side much stronger and a lot wiser. I learned a lot about myself and others during my journey. I am sitting here now still in shock that it even happened. My anxiety is still at a low hum for now. Somehow I am still processing the good news good. It should be easy to process but somehow it isn't. All I can say is that this will be the best Thanksgiving I have had in a long time. Having my kids with me and my family together will be awesome. 
At this point I am off to just relax and meditate on the news. Just to sit here and mellow myself out at this point is what I need. You never know what tomorrow brings so be the best person you can be and live life to the fullest.  As the sun sets on this chapter of my life I am excited to see what tomorrow holds. I wish you all  a very Happy Thanksgiving! 
Until next time....

SMIB \m/

Follow me on these social media sites. 

Comments

  1. Talk about the most amazing news you can get right before the holidays!! Hugs my friend, see told you have this!! Happy thanksgiving Pat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Pat! Love you brother!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment