The will to Fight...

Into week three of my proton radiation treatment and things are going smooth. The side effects seam to be non existent. That is a plus for sure. The fact that I have been fighting off this cold is the only thing that has kept me out of the gym. I am feeling way better and have started to get back to my workouts. My blood pressure has gone up so I had to see my primary doctor today. Obviously with the weight gain and all my body has been through it was gonna happen. She suggested to avoid stress and just get back to the gym and the issue will fix itself. Diet and exercise. The answer to everything. This I obviously already know.
With my blood pressure issue figured out I took a walk across to the cancer center and had a visit with my chemo nurses. It was nice to see them. They were excited to see me and get news to how I was doing. I thought I would hate to go back in there but I was fine. After going through all this I have learned to just face this stuff head on. Plus these nurses have taken care of me for six months. It was nice to visit. Seeing people getting chemo gave me some flashbacks. I think my port in my chest started to hurt while I was in there. Speaking of this port, I am so ready for it to come out. I go back and see my oncologist for a follow up at the end of the month. The port will be topic of discussion for sure. That I can guaranty.
Yesterday I was invited to sit with the planners of my radiation treatment. I got a crash course on proton radiation therapy. It was both interesting and freaky to see my insides and how the radiation works. I figured it's good knowledge to know what they are doing to my body while I am locked to this table. As I keep saying, this has been one hell of a ride so far. I know I have a ways to go yet. These last few weeks going to the proton center has shown me so much. Seeing these kids everyday is just something that really gets to me. They never look sad. But looking at the parents I can't hep but feeling for them. Being a father I know that would kill me inside.
There is only a week in a half left of this and then a few months before my scan. Getting back in the gym will get my anchor set. That will keep me moving towards my recovery. Keeping the faith and believing in my medical team has kept me on top of this disease. I know I get called Wolverine by some, others tell me how strong I am and how I have been inspiring. Honestly I have no idea how I have made it this far. If it wasn't for my kids I don't know if I would have been this strong. We are reminded how short life is when these things happen to us. I believe I just did what anyone would have done. I went into survivor mode and faced cancer head on. What else could you do. I found the will to fight!
That's all for today. Thank you all who continue to read my blog and follow my journey. I am talking to some cancer survivors or others going through the fight as we speak. I will be sharing some of their stories here soon as I have a few guest writers. If your life has been touched my cancer please feel free to contact me if you are interested in telling your story.

SMIB \m/











Comments

  1. So glad you are kicking this fucking things ass Pat. Your a tough SOB. And you attitude after all this time, amazing. I hope this blog can somehow make it's way to others fighting cancer because I really think it would be inspirational to them. It is to me and knock on wood, I'm healthy right now. Thanks for sharing bro.
    BTW, have you heard the new Megadeth? Kick ass! It's on their YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. No I haven't yet i will check it out!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment