Time for Tai Chi...

So we have made it to 2016. Do you remember when the world was going to end in 2012? Here we are years later and no BOOM. We're still here. For better or worse we are still inhabiting this rock. 2015 was a rough one for me and I am sure many others. Back in May my world was turned upside down with my cancer diagnosis. No one is ever ready for something that big to happen in life. I started my journey to getting healthy back in May of 2013. I decided I had enough of feeling like shit and started eating healthy and working out. Now I had one hell of a time in the first few weeks. Once I started it became a drug to me. I loved being in the gym.
By May of 2015 I felt like a machine. Who would think at that point I would have had something like this happen to me. It was a massive blow to my health. I obviously worked so hard to get into shape and get into the best shape and health of my life. At 44 years old I was feeling like I was 21 again. I went into this battle against cancer knowing it was going to be tough on me. I have had my ups and downs dealing with this emotionally. It was not just the cancer that completely turned my life upside down but also seeing the way some people in my life just turned their backs on me. It is not easy to watch friends and family treat you like that. Still it is something that almost every person that has dealt with cancer has gone though. 
With all that bullshit on top of financial strain from medical bills and that fact that I have been unable to work for over seven months now. It is very difficult to maintain your sanity. I am slowly getting back to my normal routine with the gym. That is a start. It hasn't been easy. My mind believes my body can do more than it really can. I push the limits some days. Other days I take it easy. I have started to slowly work in my old weight lifting routine and cardio workout. Adding some Tai Chi to the mix to help stretch my muscles again. I have become so tight that it really sucks to move the way I once did. Getting my body back to where I was before the chemo treatment will take time. I am on the right track and still I have to keep telling myself to relax and that it will take time.
Other than that I had a nice New Years weekend of family time and getting back in the gym made me feel normal. I still have to wait and see what the radiation treatment schedule will be. Once I hear from them and get a new appointment to have a consultation with the Oncologist at the Proton center I will feel better. Obviously my mind will be at ease once I know what the next steps are. In the meantime I am happy my anxiety is low and that my depression is not taking over. Keeping up with Tai Chi will help with both anxiety and depression. Adding Tai Chi with the already amazing benefits of acupuncture I can't lose in that department. All in all this has been a decent few days since my last post. I am just adjusting to the withdraw of the medications I was on for so long. Gaining my strength back slowly every day has also been a great feeling. At the very least I feel better today than I did a month ago. That is progress!

SMIB \m/







Comments