The Spider...

Got the news today that I am off to the proton center tomorrow early afternoon to have my consultation with the radiation oncologist. Once I am finished with that I will have another scan at the facility to narrow down exactly where this spot is that they will target with the radiation. I am happy to finally get this started. It sucks that I have to go that far for the treatments everyday. I will be going Monday through Friday for a month. Hopefully I will have a schedule that will avoid traffic there and back. Either that or I stock up on some audio books.
Today was a decent day. I got in the gym to hit some cardio. I was able to step up my speed a bit and increase my time. That was a nice accomplishment. I have to be happy with all the small steps I make. I am at the point now where I can see the progress. Moving forward now is all on me and just staying motivated to do what I need to do. Once the radiation starts I will see how it will effect me. I hear it is not as bad as chemo. Thank god for that. I may experience some fatigue. I can deal with that.
Once I get rolling I am sure I will have a better gauge on how I will feel. Then at the end of the month I will talk to my oncologist and see what the plan is to remove this port. Obviously she wants to keep it in until we know I am completely cancer free. As it stands now we all know I can't stand this damn thing. I am used to it to a point. I don't thing you can ever be used to something foreign in your chest. I just have faith that once we get done with the radiation that the next scan will confirm that this shit is gone. Going to proton therapy at Northwestern is huge.
They have a great reputation and that puts me at ease. Nothing about this is easy so knowing they have a top notch facility makes me feel good. Is always a good feeling knowing that you are in good hands when it comes to your health. Let's face it were not getting any younger. We can still kick ass and be healthy as long as we keep up with working out and eating healthy. 
 I been feeling good and getting better. As I said before I do still don't have all my energy back. That will be a while I'm sure. My super smell is gone so I am not losing my mind over smells that no one else can smell. All the other small things are fading slowly. Nothing better than that. It's funny that even at this point I still worry about every little thing I feel. I can get a hang nail and think it's cancer or a symptom of cancer.  I spoke to this guy at the gym who ironically is is named Pat. He survived brain cancer. 
He was telling me that I will have that happen for a while but it will pass eventually. That's good to know. Trust me the everyday anxiety is enough to deal with. Who needs to worry about every ache and pain thinking it's causing cancer lol. Well I suppose that is that. I will obviously know more tomorrow after I meet and talk with the radiation oncologist. I am nervous but also excited to get started. I still hope a radioactive spider will be there waiting to bite me so I can be a superhero. As I said before, dealing with cancer is never easy. As I have said before. As long as your feet hit the floor you have every reason to smile.  

SMIB \m/ 






Comments