Tell me lies...

Today I hit the halfway mark for my radiation treatment. With this awesome cold I have been coughing like crazy and this has helped irritate my throat. The radiation has made my throat very sensitive so I have to stay away from hot and cold food and drinks. Doc's orders I am keeping quiet for a while. Tying to rest my voice that sounds like Stevie Nicks on a bad day. Noticed it first thing this morning when my phone rand I answered and nothing much came out of my mouth. Of course being sick all week has kept me out of the gym. Without that anchor of being in the gym to start my day I have been cranky at best.
I am happy I have the weekend now to relax and try to kick this cold. It has been effecting me during my treatments. I can't breath out of my nose what soever. Being strapped to that table in that mask breathing out of my mouth, just no fun at all. Then my mouth is as dry as desert sand. All I can think of is why can't they just give me a straw with some water. You really have to get your mind off of it just to stay sane. Yesterday for some reason, I won't ask why, I was able to breath with my nose. Imagine that. Today no such luck. I had to stop treatment and start over. They let me off the table and cough up whatever I could before we started over.
Once They start with the first treatment they can not let me up and start again. Thank god I went into a coughing fit right before the first treatment started. Once we got started I was able to hold it together. I felt like complete shit though. I had a very low grade fever and I was just thirsty from my mouth being so dry. Once I was out of there I just got home and crashed for a while. I just hope this shit is done in a few more days. Otherwise its off to my family doctor on Wednesday and grab a Z pack. That should kick this bug out. As for the Stevie Nicks voice, not much I can do about that for the time being.
Few more weeks then I get to wait a few months and find out how awesome this treatment worked. Then I can concentrate on getting my strength back up. I started to feel pretty good until I got this cold and now I really feel the exhaustion from the radiation. Even if I can get back in the gym for some cardio every day would be nice. We'll see what the weekend brings. As for my car. All my belts ripped apart so I will have more detailed report on that soon. When it rains it pours my friends. Hey but still I haven't posted FML. how about that!

SMIB \m/






Comments

Post a Comment