Sparkle Nuts...

What the fuck is Sparkle Nuts you ask? Better yet, you should ask who is Sparkle Nuts. I can hear you guys now. Pat has lost his mind. Hehe must be three sheets to the wind. He, I always wanted to used that. I will get to Sparkle Nuts in just a bit. The past few days I have been flying in a holding pattern. I got a call from the proton center yesterday letting me know that the planning stages of my treatment are going great. I get a feeling that is good news. I was told that I will hear something from them by Monday the latest.
In the meantime I stay in my holding pattern. I am using this time to get back to my normal routine. At the very least I am trying to get back to it. Being in the gym is my anchor. It always has been the one thing that has kept me center. Even though I can feel my body is still recovering from the chemo. I am extremely happy of my progress. Lifting more and my cardio has also stepped up. I have been hitting the gym six days a week and it feels great. Progress takes time. After all my body has been through the last seven months I can't rush.
Of course you know me I love to rush shit. Once you realise that just walking in the gym everyday and eating healthy will produce results. At that point you just take it a day at a time. For me as hard as that is, I do my best. Things are getting better though as far as how I feel. Although the chemo has dried out my skin like a mother fucker. Big bonus is that my eyesight has gotten way better. That cocktail of drugs I was on really wreaked havoc on my vision. I was losing my mind it was so bad. At least now it is just a normal fucked up forty four year old's bad eyesight. I can live with that and my dollar store readers.
Besides the fact that my muscles are stiff and I am sore as fuck. I keep stretching everyday to feel better. The Tai Chi has been amazing for helping me stretch out. The acupuncture has my anxiety in check. This is important since this fucking cancer can really fuck with your mind. Not to mention it completely financially ruins you. But hey, keep that chin up kid. Forward motion is all that is allowed here. What about Sparkle Nuts? Well no it has nothing to do with, well never mind that.
I pull up to the house today after picking up my daughter from school. I must say today was a bit more calm then yesterday. Once the weather dips below zero the mini van hell that is school pick up is just insanity. These mothers turn into some psycho bitches from hell. The have no business driving anywhere near children. But I digress. We get out of the car and I see squirrels running around the front lawn and running up the trees near the house with leaves in their mouths. Obviously padding their little squirrel homes for the next freeze. I always wondered how the fuck these little bastards know what the weather will be. My daughter looks at all these squirrels running around the front yard and as a little girls love to do she starts to name the squirrels.
She starts spitting out names and then she gets to this one squirrel and says "this one is called Sparkle Nuts" .  I'll just bow out right here....

SMIB \m/










Comments