Hulkamania...Brother...

Moving into the second week of radiation. I had to stop taking my vitamins during treatment. I know this goes against everything Hulk Hogan taught me as a kid. The doctor said that the vitamins help regenerate cells quickly. The whole point is that they are killing cells and do not want them regenerating so quickly. Make sense? Capisce? Yeah, me either. Since I stopped taking them I am not feeling a tad under the weather. Tomorrow I see the doc so I will be able to see what exactly I can take for this cough. I still can't wrap my mind around modern medicine.
I get the point that it supposed to help. Since I have been on this journey I have been told to stop taking this, don't eat that, it's ok the weight gain is normal. All the shit that I have learned that is good for me is not good during treatment. Listen I am happy that so far this shit is working. But the fact that taking vitamins and the other list of do's and don'ts are ok just blows my mind. Everything you do to try and prevent being sick gets tossed out the window. It really is a eye opener. I know most people don't believe it, but I honestly think if our food was not so fucked up with chemicals (and I am sure a list of other issues like air pollution and so on) we wouldn't need poison and radiation to cure cancer. Then again cancer and other diseases would most likely be really low.
Yes I know it's a pipe dream. A guy can dream can't he? I will say that after all this shit has been running through body I just feel off. There is this guy that I see in the gym on and off. He won the battle against brain cancer. Not sure if I talked about him before. If I have I can't remember right now. He told me that it takes time to get over the fact that every time you feel something you think it's because of the cancer. I have to say I still do that. I will be in the middle of doing something and I will feel some aches or pains. Right away I think it has something to do with cancer.
All this will take time. I feel like I am getting better I'm just not at full capacity yet. Being sick now with this cold will be a set back. I haven't had a cold in three years. This week will be interesting. Hopefully I won't go into a coughing fit and throw off the whole treatment again. If this last only a few days I will be lucky. Just not a fan of feeling run down. After feeling that way for eight months or so I have had it. I think staying out a bit to late Friday night did it to me. I have been cooped up for so long that I just like to get out once in awhile. Just sucks I had to get sick. Then again after what I been fighting I think fighting a cold should be a breeze. Don't forget to say your prayers and take your vitamins, you'll never go wrong.

SMIB \m/







Comments