Edge of the desert...

Not much I can say about today. I am so tired. I think I fell asleep at five in the morning. The heartburn and bloating was just too much for me to get comfortable in bed. So I sat in my recliner and just watched TV. Unfortunately with staying up later the steroids just made me hungry again. Can't win em all. Still I did finally get some rest. Not enough but hopefully that will help me crash tonight. Still I had a ok day. The chemo brain is just crazy I am not going to miss this feeling at all. The heartburn and bloating carried over for some of the day.
I was lucky enough to have my son come visit me today on his birthday. We spent some time together watching a movie this afternoon and having lunch. So that was the highlight of my day. Always nice spending time with the kids. I don't get to spend much time with my son since he works has school and plays hockey. The kid is very busy. But that is a good thing. keeps him out of trouble. Any parent would appreciate that. Thanksgiving I will get to spend more time with him and celebrate his birthday with my whole family. That will be a good time. I am hoping that I feel a lot better by then.
I am in a way lucky and happy that it worked out that I am done with chemo by holidays. As long as I get this crap out of my system for Christmas and I feel at least half way better by then. I know I will not be back to my normal self. I have a feeling I will be pretty good though. The acupuncture will carry me through the holidays also. As long as I have no nausea I am happy. But by then it will be over a month since the last chemo treatment. Most of these side effects should not be an issue at that point.
Other than being tired and having chemo brain, I still feel like I am cooking from the inside out. That is really an annoying feeling I have to say. Well what else is there today besides the same ole shit from the day after chemo. Tomorrow is traditionally what I call "Crash Day" we will see how that goes. If you are not familiar with it. Basically when i crash of the steroids I get exhausted and sit like a lump on a log the whole day. It has happened a few times where it moved to a day later but normally its always day three.
Well that is that my friends. I am already pretty beat up and need sleep. I may make it to the end of the Hawks game but I have no idea if i can last that long. It has been one of those days where the energy is low. One day closer. I am not just in recovery mode and not waiting for another treatment. That is the best feeling in the world. I'm on the edge of the desert and the green grass is right on the other side waiting for me.

SMIB \m/






Comments