The Great Pumpkin

Fun Filled Saturday. Today was not a bad day at all. I was a bit tired this morning because as usual I was unable to sleep so well last night. I took a nap after breakfast then ran out to get my hair cut. I had it with my hair. It actually hurt for Christ sake. I had to go get a nice buzz cut. So I sat for an hour or so at the barber shop and finally got it done and over with. I actually feel so much better now believe it or not. Although my head is suddenly a lot colder lol. I was able to hit the pumpkin patch with the little one today and have a little fun. Although as usual I pushed it today again and I started to crash at the damn pumpkin patch. Not fun. Plus it was very cold out It's crazy how I get so cold now so easy.
Had a nice dinner with my parents. It was nice spending time with them. I did fall asleep early and it was supposed to be a short nap. At that point I can't complain. All the sleep I get is just helping me at this point. Still sucks I can't go to the gym. That really still bugs me. I may try to hit the gym tomorrow. We shall see how that works out. I have a a bunch of shit to do before chemo on Tuesday so I really would love to get that done in the next two days. This week has gone by so quick yet I still have a list of things to do.
Normally it wouldn't bother me I did drag my feet the last few months. Back then I did suffer though the side effects and I did hit some lows there. In a really sick way I guess my oncologist was right. You just get used to it by now. I would never want to get used to this. That I can tell you is a fact. Still I do feel almost a numbness with the whole thing. I really think it set in after the last treatment. At this point I just get so tired and takes me that much longer to recover when I do something as simple as go out. If I do chores then I have to realize that's all I can do for the whole day. Soon after I just lose my energy.
Today I chose to run out get a hair cut and then go to the pumpkin patch and walk around. Well unfortunately that was all she wrote. I was out of it just from a few simple every day things. I tell you that I am not fucking used to feeling like I can't do much. Choosing a few things to do for the day knowing that those will be all you can do. The energy pool only lasts a few hours some days a few more. Well today I chose the kids to spend my energy on. That was a good choice. Plus I handed the torch to my daughter to pick the family pumpkin. Hey, that's a thing in my house lol. Every year I pick the perfect pumpkin to carve and then roast the seeds. That being said we got the great pumpkin and all is well.
That is that for today. A good day in the books. I really wish I had more energy to do more that I wanted to do for the evening and it sucks I couldn't. Nature of the beast. Until tomorrow...

SMIB \m/


Comments