More than one me

I was scanned today so there has to be multiples off me out there walking around now. I know scary thought. No results yet from the petscan. I will hear something in a day or so. Spent an hour an a half just laying there waiting in you guessed it, a recliner. Although not as cool as mine but a recliner none the less. Had to sit and wait for the awesome radioactive shit (that I am sure can't be good for you) was shot in me to work. After that I get basically strapped into this machine and lay there for another thirty minuets. After that I was free to go. I will hear something soon. While I wait back to normal everyday life. I am happy to say that still no nausea since my acupuncture. Feeling pretty good about that. This week should be good without the side effects. By now I start to have more energy. I can do more by tomorrow, hopefully.
By tomorrow I can hopefully get into he gym and start getting some workouts in. I hate the feeling of trying to get everything done in 6 days. Tying to catch up with the loss of a whole week really sucks. you never get that time back.  I think you really learn to appreciate how much time you have in a day when all you do is lay there for 8 of them straight. Time I will never get back.  If there was only more than one of me. I could get lots done in 6 days. I will focus on getting what I can get done and not try to worry to much about everything else. It gets crazy I plan a whole day of getting shit done and I sometimes lose energy right in the middle of it all. That's when that chemo just kicks your ass without you even looking. You can't do much more than sit down right where you are at and switch off.  At least I get shit done regardless.
Today over all ended up being a good day. I was not a fan of fasting for the petscan but what can you do. I did chow down right after I left the hospital. I learned to just start packing a small cooler and bring it with me every time I go down there. How sad huh? Every time I go to the doctor I pack a cooler. Lol. Some days you have to laugh or you will go insane with all the trips down there and the hours you just spend getting poked and looked over. Is anyone else freaked out that years ago it was all the 70 year olds that started having issues and you would hear about them in the hospital, and now its all of us in our 40's dealing with the same thing? I remember being a kid eating at McDonald's and watching all the old people drinking coffee and talking about the lust of surgeries they had and what ailments they have now. Has that became our generation now?
I can tell you now that just looking at my Face Book news feed how sad it is to see so many of us sick or god forbid passing away. I have to admit I really do avoid the news feed and just skim really fast. If it's not some click bait link everyone is posting about a story that lets face it, no one is going to read the whole article. I look at Face Book as so depressing now. It sucks and of course I am part of the problem. Look at the shit I post about this cancer shit. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to be sitting at McDonald's with all you guys talking about health problems. I have not been on my usual bitch about Non GMO foods and healthy eating since I just don not have the energy to argue with people about the cost or why they should eat one way or another. So many people will ask your advice and just do the opposite anyway.
Wow what got into me there, right? I guess I am just sick of the whole social media thing. I miss the times you just saw your friends at the Whale or the Gateway. You go out to play a show or go see a band. That was back in the day before we had kids and mortgages and car payments and were going to every show just to hang out and see bands and party with each other. Oh and for the rest of the ones not in that whole band scene, I guess you did the same hanging out on Harlem ave or whatever. None the less back in the day you meet with people and our heads were not in our phones all the dam time. I looked over in the waiting room today waiting for my petscan and every single person had their head down. Sad situation were in. And we all do it so I guess I am saying I at least will be more contentious of how I spend my time and how I conduct my new life once I am done recovering.

SMIB \m/



Comments