The Song Remains the Same

Today's post will be short because I had a good day. I was excited that I had no nausea today so that was awesome. I was able to go to the gym today and get a decent workout in and do cardio. I do feel that my energy obviously is not up to where it was but I am tailoring my workout to what I can manage. As long as I can keep my muscles stimulated and do enough to break down muscle then I am happy. I have noticed now that I was out of the gym for a week and no lifting for the past month that my back pain is back. When I was heavy I had bad back pain. I had eliminated that pain because I worked out 6 days a week. now that I haven't been lifting that pain is back and I tell ya it sucks bad. The funny thing about all this is that before I started chemo treatments and before they put this usb port in me, I still felt amazing. I still was kicking ass. but now even after the biopsy it effected me mentally. I feel like I lost some confidence. really horrible feeling having all those tests and doctors and nurses poking at you. It really makes you feel violated, that's the best way I can explain it.
Again as I mentioned before it is the whole you're not in control of your body thing. It just fucks with your head. I need to be stringer than that and keep moving forward with positive attitude.
Other than that I do still notice that I am very edgy and can not tolerate people so much. Not that I usually do lol but I have a shorter fuse now. I do get a bit forgetful and I am still in a fog from time to time.
Well that's today. uneventful and nothing exciting so the song remains the same. As I am told Chemo is cumulative. It will just get harder from here. If it was this easy for the next 6 months it would be a breeze. Keep the faith and what did Bill and Ted say... Be excellent to each other

If you dig CJ's awesome motivational quotes I share please visit his site. I don't plug him for any reason other than his motivation has helped me in my life and I believe in what he says. So check him out,
Metal Motivation

SMIB \m/

Comments

  1. I know the feeling with a fucked up back, mines been fd up for 12 years and couldnt agree more, exercise is the only thing that helps so look at it this way Pat, you know that once you are cured of cancer, all it will take is some exercise to fix that back, nothing to worry about, you know theres a fix for that so dont even let it bother you. Stay strong bro and FUCK YOU CANCER

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.guitarworld.com/listening-heavy-metal-music-makes-you-calmer-new-study
    Here you go dude, as if you needed another reason to listen to metal LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pain they say is in the mind, it even goes as far as to say the mind is the strongest muscle the body has.. Survival is what is in your future, your strength will continue to grow, the motivation is in your heart and in the eyes of your family and friends the key here is to look in the mirror and see the strength you know you have and especially believe in... You got this Pat.. Show cancer whose boss!!! Fuck Cancer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! it means a lot to me :)

      Delete

Post a Comment