Pine Cones

Hope everyone is doing awesome today. I had a decent day. Nausea has been gone now for a while. No complaints there. Chemo brain I just keep bringing that up because that's a strange feeling to me. I am learning to deal with it. I am starting to get nervous that my next treatment is right around the corner. I know chemo is cumulative so the anticipation of what I am to expect next is no fun. But I try not to think of it. Focusing on my stretching and that has been helping my back pain big time. 
I had a great experience going to visit the Chiropractor today. When I sat down with him and learned he is a licensed nutritionist does acupuncture I was happy. A fellow gym rat and has the same views on food and nutrition as I do. I sat and spoke with him about all the benefits he offers working with cancer patients. I am excited to start treatments with him and go over the fine tuning of my diet. I know I have been eating good and he agreed that I am so close. Just a few tweaks and adjustments to edge out foods that are just not helping my body is all I need to help aid in my recovery. So with my new weapon against this cancer, I feel confident that I put together a great team to help me get back to peak health. 
I had a horrible thought today that I may not be able to take my Bike out for a drive this summer. Yeah I am not happy about that shit at all. With my mind in a fog and everything else I suppose cruising on my bike is not a good idea. It will have to sit in the garage and be patient till I get to it. I suppose I can grab a baseball card and a clothespin and put that on the spokes of my mountain bike and pretend cant I? We take things for granted every day in life, I find it funny how so many things I used to not give a second thought to now I think shit this was never an issue. It's amazing how sometimes we go through life day after day just going through our day getting pissed off in traffic or just upset because we didn't make that red light. I found myself taking a walk one day early on when I found out I had cancer, my daughter and I would go for walks and collect pine cones. No idea why but she loves doing that. I never question her why we go looking for them I just do it. This one particular day she had a basket just filled with pine cones and we are walking down the street as I look up and see the wind blowing the leaves on the trees, everything kinds went into slow motion. I said to my self fuck man, Slow down. This is what life is about.
It's not about work, all the bullshit you deal with there, stress and idiots you come across. Not about the band and the lack of fucks anyone gives about talent and the backstabbing that goes on in the music business. Not about the arguments the disagreements with friends and family. Its all about the fucking pine cones. Just slow down your life and you will see it. My daughter just fills her basket with them for no reason. but the hidden reason is she just loves to do that with her father. why? Because daddy is always busy with something and looking for pine cones means she has me completely to her self, my full attention. and I realized for the first time in my life that all the other bullshit means nothing. It's all about slowing down and realize what is important in your life. That day I slowed down. What are you waiting for to slow down your life?
SMIB \m/

Comments

  1. Kids can help you to see what is so important. Keep on keeping on, you got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Pat, your getting me all emotional LOL I have 2 "little" girls, lol 14 and 17, but theyre my little girls, always will be. Here I came to give you some inspiration but I dont think I can top that today and I dont want to even try. Thank you my friend, stay strong, your 1 day closer to moving on from this shit disease and just collecting more pine cones :) TTYL and of course..................FUCK YOU CANCER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. Just a thing that stuck with me that day and I will never forget I learned that day to slow down.

      Delete

Post a Comment