Finding my inner peace

GOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!!!
Well not really but hey all. Today was a decent day. I had my follow up appointment today with my oncologist. Have I mentioned I love this woman she is an amazing doctor. honestly I am lucky to have her. Had a great visit with her. Had my blood counts checked and I am higher than where they expect me to be so that's good that my white blood count was not to low. We broke down my first week after chemo, how I felt day to day. She said so far I am above average the way I am dealing with the treatments. As everyone keeps telling me, she said it again. If this was 2 years ago this would have been so hard on me. 100 lb heavier eating like crap, smoking. It was just a bad situation that I am happy I am no longer in.
After my blood tests and all the good news so far I had to go into my back pain issue. So I was given the all clear to do my normal workouts, obviously keeping with lower weights, but I have full range of motion and I can stretch out again. For those that missed that, having this port in my chest with a catheter to my vain in my neck... yeah just how it sounds it sucks. Every time I moved my head I can feel it tug and it just has that feeling that I will rip it out. So for weeks now I had limited motion with my head. I was walking hunched over every time I felt this thing. then the port its self is just under my skin in my chest above my chest muscle. And yeah Its a fucking foreign object in my chest and I feel like Robocop lol. Well not that bad, shit can you imagine? Anyway, bottom line I have full range of motion and can stretch and do yoga. I am taking up Tai Chi to help with my healing. All good things so far.
I started with the stretching once I got home and its helping a lot. Going into week 2 after my chemo I feel better but still lose energy late in the evening. That part sucks but I know my limits on what I can and cant do. As long as I can function early in the day I am happy. Tomorrow I see a chiropractor who works with cancer patents and see if he will be beneficial to my game plan. I learned from friends and others with experience to put together a health care team that I am in control of.  I need to feel my team is looking out for me and working towards my end goal. So far I am happy that everyone is clear and concise and answer all my questions. It's a great feeling.
In closing not a bad day. No nausea other side effects are minimal right now besides the chemo brain and the fatigue. Those are to be expected. Making another step closer to kicking this things ass. Don't get me wrong it's a scary thing that really does scare the shit out of me at times. But Staying mentally strong and having a great support system around me is all I need to make it though.

SMIB \M/






Comments

  1. Awesome Pat, sounds lie all around good news. And I dig the Tai Chi, Im a big fan of alternative methods of healing and medical. Keep it up bro, every day is one day closer to being cured and moving on.
    And of course, FUCK YOU CANCER

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment