Day 2 Updates

Today started off pretty good. I stopped thinking so much about what side effect may happen .. well until now, shit, see now I am thinking about it. ok lets take a step back lol. Today was not so bad. I slept in because last night I didn't get to sleep till 4 am. but I got some good sleep. I had lots of energy today and sucked that I couldn't go to the gym and work out. to paranoid now because my treatments are dropping my white blood cells so my immune system is now shit. so I need to stay away from crowds (which means I miss the Blackhawks parade, by the way what a fucking game huh? GO HAWKS!) I cant really go anywhere that will put me in a position to get sick. Even though I am on 3 different antibiotics I need to be careful and stay out of the gym and just go at off peak times.
I set up my treadmill in my house today so at least I can get cardio in while I am the boy in the bubble constantly washing my hands. So no nausea Yaaaay thank god for that, I was able to eat my normal meals and protein shakes without any problems. I was told that it may be bad but lets be honest its day 2, I am going to take this slow because I realize its still early in the first period here. Drinking lots of water as I usually do but to change shit up I have a pitcher with cucumber, lemon and ginger. try it really taste good. My appetite hasn't changed at all, I woke up starving and every 2 1/2 hours I am ready to eat.
On to the chemo drugs, Before my meds kick in and this post goes south this is what is coursing through my veins at this moment Adriamycin, Bleomycin, Dacarbazine, and if that's not enough Vinblastine. Now if I have the order right they call this treatment ABDV  It's horrible but I should know for sure but I think I am right. The list of side effects are to long. They are listed by the percentage of people that are effected, so they will say 40% get dry mouth so this is a common side effect suck on lemonheads. 10% suffer constipation so keep an eye out for that just in case but it is not a common side effect. so I basically sit here waiting for something that's not normal. constantly checking my temperature because if I get a fever of 100.4 I need to call the 24 hour emergence line.
So how crazy that you should be on medication and happy that its killing the cancer inside you yet you are afraid that you may start getting short of breath, constipation .. the list goes on. Lol this is why cancer is a mind fuck. the drugs have to break you down before you get better. Unfortunately the chemo does not just attack the bad cells it also attacks the good ones.
At this point I feel good but I can tell that I am not myself. Also since I really been able to work out the way I have been the past 2 years, basically not able to lift weights and just stuck doing cardio, I really feel the effects now after close to a month that my back pain has come back and that is upsetting. Also after having my USB port put in I cant sleep on my stomach like I'm used to so that is trowing me off. Then something called Chemo brain lol I was told that's a thing where I will feel like my head is in the clouds and I get forgetful. Not a time to be forgetful when you have a list of meds to take every day on top of all my supplements I take. Still I forge ahead and take it all a day at a time. I just keep looking at it as I just took another day closer to beating this. That's pretty much it for today.
SMIB \m/


Comments