Chemo day one Updates

So today Monday June 15th I was in for my first chemo treatment. I went in not knowing how to feel, I was scared for sure and anxious to get started. Once I sat down the staff was awesome and always makes me feel comfortable. Once I was plugged into my usb port we began to test one of the chemo meds we would start with. After half hour of waiting I had no side effects and we went full force into the chemo treatments. I have 4 different drugs that at this moment I don't remember mostly because I am writing this while I am on Ativan and it's 2 am but soon I will go over the chemo drugs I take.
as of today I just want to write down the things I feel today and what effects I have had. so far once my treatment was over due to my lack of sleep the night before and my anxiety then add in chemo I was beat. I was able to sit for 45 min before we left and got on the road home. so far no nausea i have been eating my normal meals all day. I don't taste anything different so far so good. I know this may change so I am ready. So far so good I just have some Anxiety because I am anticipating what side effects I will get. I am trying to keep that feeling at bay. It's been ok so far and I can deal with it.
kinda odd feeling since they shaved my chest for this damn port that now my shirts are sensitive against my skin and that feels odd to me lol. At the end of the day really not too bad for the first day.
Now we see how this will effect my workouts and how I will have energy or not. I will need to learn my limits in the gym and just do what I am able to do and not push to hard. my main goal is to beat cancer then continue to work on my body. Change is something I am getting used to. The fight will get tougher and I will have ups and downs. today was so, so I had some mood swings already but not too bad. best part was eating without nausea and the feeling that I am one treatment closer to being cured!
SMIB \m/

Comments