Still Fucking Cancer....

It's been just about a year since I finished all my cancer treatment. It's hard to believe that this May will be two years since I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Strange how I feel I have lost a year of my life. Did I lose that year or is it that it just went by so fast that it feels like a dream? I ask myself this question often. I received nothing but good news from my oncologist today as well as from my primary care doctor last week. Blood work is good and all my numbers are good. Both my doctors said they see nothing that concerns them and that I am on the path to recover fully.
Of course at the time I was going through the treatment it felt like it would never end. Now it is a distant memory for me. I honestly at times can't even believe it happened. I move forward with a little more of a calm mind knowing that I beat this thing and the only thing standing between me getting back in shape and healthy is me. Realizing that my own fears and anxieties that make me slow down and fall short of my goals is all in my hands. Though I have a great handle on my anxiety now it still haunts me every day.
Keeping my mind clear with meditation helps me realize that no matter the chaos that is around me I can still walk in a clear path. This clear path will help me achieve my goals. At this point in my life nothing is more clear to me. It has been a struggle and it always will be. But this is why being in the zone and being focused on what is really important to me is what matters. I would say this to anyone that is struggling with any issues in life. You need to push aside the bad vibes and resonate on your good energy and stay focused on what is the most important thing for you. Fuck the rest of the bullshit others try to feed you.
It took me a while to see this and it is a struggle to stay on the path every day. I found what keeps me grounded and on my path. Not to say that I don't have a whole lot of work to do on myself. I will always be a work in progress lol. Even that being said, there is this new part of me that is excited to move forward with this second chance at life. When you are at that point in life when you face death it impacts you in ways that you can never imagine.
In the past month since my last post I have had my ups and downs but more ups than anything. In my mind I still struggle with the fact that the cancer treatment has messed with my body and my mental ability to let that shit go in the gym has been hard. I am at the point finally where I can let the anxiety go where it needs to go. I can roll with it and realize that it is nothing to fear. Well that's all I have for today. The good news has been welcoming and I am truly happy that I am at a good point in my life now with my health. Now for the rest to fall into place.
Keep up with me on all my social media sites and as always keep the faith!

SMIB \m/

Follow me on these social media sites. 





Comments